Use of Personal Data
What information do we collect?
Crystal Ball collects name and contact details from you when you request information or a Crystal Ball demonstration. When requesting information you will be asked to enter your: name, e-mail address, mailing address or phone number and dependant on your enquiry other associated information. Crystal Ball collects information from several different points on this site and processes your personal data only for specific and limited purposes. Only data that is relevant and not excessive for purpose is requested.
In addition Crystal Ball may collect traffic information from visitors for statistical analysis and site improvement. When you access the site, information about your visit in a log file on a server may be collected. Log file information may include, but is not limited to, internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks. Crystal Ball uses this information to analyse trends, administer the site, track users movements in the aggregate, and gather demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses and other log file information are not linked to personally identifiable information. Crystal Ball does not try to track users or to identify users individually, but do review this information to understand overall trends and to determine what kinds of content are popular and useful.
What do we need this information for?
Crystal Ball holds the information you supply so that requested information, products or the progress of your enquiry or order can be fulfilled. Crystal Ball may also use this information to inform you about other products or services it has to offer, as listed below. If you do not want Crystal Ball to hold your information or contact you, please contact Crystal Ball directly. In addition, if you don’t want Crystal Ball to speak to anyone else in your organisation about your enquiry because of confidentiality issues, then please inform Crystal Ball directly.
Crystal Ball may contact you to:
- provide you with information about Crystal Ball products or services, special offers and events or articles and case studies that may be of interest to you
- provide you with product information and promotional material that you have specifically requested
- send you newsletters by e-mail or by post
- conduct market research
- process any other requests that you make
If, at any time, you wish to opt out of receiving information from Crystal Ball and wish to be removed from the Crystal Ball database, please contact the Data Controller at: Crystal Ball Ltd, Washbrook House, Talbot Road, Manchester, M32 0FP.
Data access and Corrections
Crystal Ball will disclose to you the personal data held about you upon receipt of your written request addressed to the Data Controller. Crystal Ball will also correct, amend or delete any personal data that is inaccurate and notify third party recipients of the necessary changes. The Data Controller can be contacted at: Crystal Ball Ltd, Washbrook House, Talbot Road, Manchester, M32 0FP.
Child Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) compliance and related information
The Child Online Privacy and Protection Act (COPPA) regulate online collection of information from persons under the age of 13. It is Crystal Ball’s policy to refrain from knowingly collecting or maintaining personally identifiable information relating to any person under the age of 18. If a child submits information through any part of the Crystal Ball website, and Crystal Ball becomes aware that the person submitting the information is a child, Crystal Ball will delete the information as soon as discovered and in addition it will not be disclosed to any third parties.
If you are under the age of 18, please do not supply any personally identifiable information to this site. If you are under the age of 18 and have already provided personally identifiable information through this site, please contact (or have your parent or guardian contact) Crystal Ball immediately so that the information can be immediately deleted.
The cookies Crystal Ball use, are not linked to any personally identifiable information while using a site unless you have given permission to link personally identifiable information to one or more cookies. That permission is granted any time you register on a site, place an order through a site, or identify yourself or the computer you are using through a site.
If you are a registered user and you log in to the system, Crystal Ball will use temporary cookies to save your preferences for the current session.
Links to other websites
This website contains links to websites that are not operated by Crystal Ball. The links have been provided for your reference and convenience only and you should note that Crystal Ball do not have any control over these websites. Crystal Ball cannot, therefore, be responsible for the protection and privacy of any data which you provide whilst visiting such sites and these sites are not governed by this privacy statement and Crystal Ball are therefore not responsible for the activities of the operators of these websites. You should exercise caution and review the privacy statement posted on any site you visit before using the site or providing any personal data about yourself.
Online Advertising We Use
We use Google AdWords Remarketing to advertise Crystal Ball across the Internet.
AdWords remarketing will display relevant ads tailored to you based on what parts of the Crystal Ball website you have viewed by placing a cookie on your machine.
THIS COOKIE DOES NOT IN ANYWAY IDENTIFY YOU OR GIVE ACCESS TO YOUR COMPUTER
The cookie is used to say “This person visited this page, so show them ads relating to that page.” Google AdWords Remarketing allows us to tailor our marketing to better suit your needs and only display ads that are relevant to you.
How to Opt Out of Remarketing and Advertising If you do not wish to participate in our Google AdWords Remarketing, you can opt out by visiting Google’s Ads Preferences Manager
How does Crystal Ball protect your information?
Crystal Ball implements a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of personal information and is registered under the Data Protection Act.
Crystal Ball stores your personal data only for as long as reasonably necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or to comply with any applicable legal or ethical reporting or document retention requirements.
In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, Crystal Ball has put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information collected online. The servers and databases are protected by industry standard security technology, such as industry standard firewalls and password protection.
Employees who have access to personal data have been trained to handle such data properly and in accordance with Crystal Ball security protocols and strict standards of confidentiality. Although Crystal Ball cannot guarantee against any loss, misuse, unauthorised disclosure, alteration or destruction of data, every reasonable effort is made to try and prevent such unfortunate occurrences.
Does Crystal Ball disclose any information to outside parties?
Crystal Ball does not share, sell or distribute your personal data with unrelated third parties, except under the following limited circumstances:
- Aggregated information. Crystal Ball may share aggregated demographic information with users, affiliated organisations including re-sellers, and other organisations with which Crystal Ball do, or contemplate doing, business. Such information is aggregated and is not linked to any information that can identify individual or named person.
- Outsourcing providers. Crystal Ball use outside shipping and other outsourcing providers to process and fulfill orders or perform other functions. Crystal Ball use commercially reasonable diligence to restrict the purposes for which these outsourcing providers may use your personally identifiable information. The requirements or requests that Crystal Ball imposes on such outsourcing providers vary with the sensitivity of the information and can, but do not necessarily, include requirements that these outsourcing providers not retain, share, store, or use personally identifiable information for any secondary purposes, except for backup and recovery operations. Although Crystal Ball uses good faith efforts to impose, and/or ensure compliance by outsourcing providers, Crystal Ball cannot, and will not, be responsible to users for misuse of personally identifiable information by such outsourcing providers. This section is meant as a general description of Crystal Ball practices. It does not impose any duty upon Crystal Ball and it does not constitute a representation or warranty by Crystal Ball upon which you may rely.
- Specific services such as installers and re-sellers. Crystal Ball has agreements with other parties to provide specific services. Crystal Ball will share personally identifiable information with such parties and will use its good faith efforts to restrict the information provided to the information necessary for the provision of such services.
- General use. Crystal Ball may share personally identifiable information with various vendors, suppliers, and advertisers. While Crystal Ball use good faith efforts to verify that such vendors, suppliers, and advertisers promote products and services of interest to site users, Crystal Ball cannot, and do not, endorse such vendors, suppliers, advertisers, products or services unless expressly stated otherwise. Crystal Ball only share such information as you provide or someone else provides about you (such as through a registration process) and do not share personally identifiable information derived indirectly through IP address tracing or similar means. If you wish Crystal Ball to refrain from providing your personally identifiable information, please contact the Data Controller at : Crystal Ball Ltd, Washbrook House, Talbot Road, Manchester, M32 0FP.